The contents below about the Congressional Reform Act of 2013 were originally sent to me in the form of an e-mail. After reading and carefully considering the contents, I felt it was important to pass along for readers to consider. Think about it…. carefully!
The email claims that Warren Buffet is asking everyone to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in the U.S. will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around. We’re ALL in this mess together … it’s up to us to fix it … for our kids! Read and pass on to 20 of your friends…
The Congressional Reform Act of 2013
This email about a Congressional Reform Act was started back in 2011. Snopes confirms the Warren Buffet quote to be true. The Congressional Reform Act of 2013 is the email originator’s idea. Click here for their background. However, Warren Buffet has not suggested passing around emails.
Warren Buffett, in a interview with Becky Quick of CNBC on July 7, 2011, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling …
“I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,” he told CNBC.
“You just pass a law that says that any time there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.” The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds)took only 3 months and 8 days to be ratified! Why?
Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 – before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year or less to become the law of the land all because of public pressure. Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
Proposed Congressional Reform Act of 2013
- No Tenure/No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.
- Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
- Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system
- and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective01/01/2013. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s),then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message.
Don’t you think it’s time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS! Put pressure on Congress to pass the Congressional Reform Act of 2013.
If you agree, pass it on. If not, delete.